Wednesday, March 15, 2006

As the squirrel scampers

As the squirrel scampers inside a nearby oak tree you leap to your feet and follow......


"Who is he kidding", I pensively pout.
The size of that hole has filled me with doubt.
His nutty-crammed cheeks barely cleared the slit,
Inside he taunts: "Fatso- you're sure unfit!!"
I swear he stuck out his tongue and pawed his nose,
With each of these gestures my blood pressure rose.
"This renegade rodent ain't gonna mock turtle me,
crashing this circle, disrupting all tranquility.

I spun on my heels and headed back to the ship,
slung my 20 gauge laser onto my right hip.
The moral is clear, better "Be what you would seem to be"
or your liable to get blasted from the trunk of your tree.
A squirrel should chatter, and scavenge hard for next winter,
not be a pain in the butt like a sharp wooden splinter.

by Beetle Bug Coffee Mug

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Don't ever tell me that squirrels don't speak
For I've heard them scolding
with chatter not squeak
as they told us children
from the very peak
of the teacher's house
to hurry up and go in
the bell should ring
and we should be off, leaving everything
our mother's had put in our lunch bags
for the bushy tails. fran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home