Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Solitude

I always craved solitude
A time to think, to be, to breathe
I craved "my" time.

When you died, in front of me,
there on the floor,
my time of bitter lonliness began.

I had time in abundance,
time to think, to be, to breathe....
I craved your presence.

Now when I think of solitude
I remember lonliness
and how thin the air is between them.


This is the first draft of this poem ....I will come back to it in due course. Please forgive its faults but I wanted to "see" it.

4 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

I saw, I liked please come back soon!

Anita Marie

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Loneliness and solitude do not have to be synonymous Sara. When Darryl was so sick with the chemo and I sat alone I felt terribly lonely but my sketching has helped to fill the void.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

I totally empathize. Solitude can be lonely, but one can be lonely in a crowd as well. Hang in there!

Lori

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Luna said...

This is touching and lovely! Don't change a thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home